So you’re vacationing in the San Francisco Bay Area and just finished touring Silicon Valley Geeknam Style… so what next? Consider heading north for a day (or more) to enjoy the breathtaking views and hospitality of one of California’s premier viticultural areas: Napa Valley. Here’s a short list of my favorite Napa wineries, eateries, things to do, and places to stay.
Welcome To Napa Valley
- Chateau Montelena
- Domaine Chandon
- Francis Coppola Winery
- Jarvis Winery
- Opus One Winery
- V. Sattui Winery
- Bistro Jeanty
- Culinary Institute of America
- Etoile Restaurant
- The French Laundry
- Mustard Grill
- Napa Valley Wine Train
- Blackbird Inn
- Carneros Inn
- Hawthorn Inn & Suites
- Napa Valley Lodge
- Napa Valley Railway Inn
- Villagio Inn & Spa
- White House Inn
- Ride a hot air ballon or Wine Train, fly in a Vintage Plane, rent a motorcycle… or try this!
- Visit the Napa Premium Outlets, shop Downtown Napa, or flock to the Historic Napa Mill.
- Listen to the music at the Napa Valley Opera House or at some other upcoming event.
- Check out the year-round race schedule at the Sonoma Raceway or enjoy the road less traveled.
- Have fun at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom after tasting chocolates at Annette’s or Kollar.
- If all else fails, book a plane ticket from San Francisco to Tuscany.
A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
Let’s make the world a better place!
“It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” Frederick Douglass.
The Center for Innocent Children in Vietnam needs your help! By contributing to the Happy Planet Children fundraising campaign, you are making the statement that despite being abandoned by their families or orphaned, these children deserve a decent childhood, an education, and a chance at a better life. Your willingness to help makes all the difference.